The Army ROTC program at UCSB is not only academically demanding, but is also well known throughout the nation as one of the top ROTC units. Our program has excellent Warrior Forge performance scores which ultimately provides the Army with some of the finest newly commissioned Officers. Being a student at UCSB and learning to become a leader will make your college experience even richer and prepare you for a bright future.
The Military Science curriculum is part of the Army Reserve Officers Training Corps (ROTC) program that leads to a commission as a Second Lieutenant in the Active Army, Army Reserve, or Army National Guard. Enrollment is open to qualified men and women. Admission to the Advanced Course is limited to selected students who meet all academic and physical requirements.
The Army ROTC program is divided into two parts:
- Two years of lower-division subjects, or Basic Course, during which the student incurs no military obligation.
- Two years of upper-division work, or Advanced Course, for selected students. Students who were unable to take the Basic Course may receive equivalent ROTC credit for these classes by attending a summer session at a designated Army installation.
The department offers a general Military Science curriculum designed to conform to the academic pattern of the UCSB campus. For the student who does not wish to make the military a career, Military Science courses and the ROTC program will provide general career preparation. The department’s lower-division curriculum provides valuable knowledge concerning the U.S. military. The department’s upper-division curriculum gives students both theoretical and practical leadership and management skills. For a detailed list of Military Science courses offered please visit the UCSB General Catalog.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any questions you may have about our program. Please include the following information:
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Name of high school or university currently attending
- Grade / year in school
- City and state you currently live in
- Questions and/or additional information